These are Suggested Articles for 10th June 2019 from The Hindu and Indian Express also included in the post are articles from various news papers..
Free daily Email Updates
- Inhumane, and utterly undemocratic – OPINION – The Hindu
- A clear arc from India to Nigeria – OPINION – The Hindu
- From Plate to Plough: The farm-factory connect | The Indian Express
- Fact Check: Why late monsoon is not related to total seasonal rainfall | Explained News, The Indian Express
- Simply Put: Government wish list for schools | Explained News, The Indian Express
- Opinion | Instilling scientific temper is both essential and very difficult
- Is NITI Aayog old wine in a new bottle? – OPINION – The Hindu
- Terrorism is a joint threat: PM – Today’s Paper – The Hindu
- Draft NEP proposes formal education from age of three – Today’s Paper – The Hindu
- All States can constitute Foreigners Tribunals – Today’s Paper – The Hindu
- Sportswear giant set to tap Indian firm’s PET project to cut virgin plastic use – NATIONAL – The Hindu
- ISRO gears up for Chandrayaan-2 mission – NATIONAL – The Hindu
- SIAM, CII call for practical road map for electric vehicles – NATIONAL – The Hindu
- Sukhois to be tipped with BrahMos ahead of deadline – NATIONAL – The Hindu
- Move ED under Home Ministry, MP urges Modi – NATIONAL – The Hindu
- U.S. is shooting itself in the foot on GSP – The Hindu
- Aviation sector faces heat over warming – LIFE – The Hindu
- Internet may alter brain functions, says study – LIFE – The Hindu
- ‘Gene-edited babies at early risk of death ’ – LIFE – The Hindu
Mains questions based on June 10th (Monday) Current Affairs
Questions framed by Dr G Vivekananda
Q1) St. Petersburg consensus is an excellent demonstration of growing bonhomie between Russia and China , two dominant Regional powers in Asia. Briefly discuss the Factors responsible for this. How should India respond to this phenomenon.
Q2) Civil liberties are a bedrock of democracy, any attempts to thwart them can damage social fabric beyond repair. Analyse this statement in the context of recent arrests made by UP police for alleged online criticism and defamation of Government.
Q3) Inculcating scientific temper among students is extremely important to build and sustain civilised societies. Explain. Discuss various factors that can hinder this process. Suggest suitable solutions to address this problem.
Q4) Draft National Education Policy (NEP) acknowledges a “severe learning crisis” in India and attributes a major part of this crisis to a “tragic deficiency” in early childhood care and education (ECCE) of children. In this context, Analyse the importance of early childhood care and education. Add a note on measures to be taken to strengthen it.
Q5) Moon landing capabilities are a significant demonstration of Indian technological prowess in the space sector. Analyse various complexities involved in this, with an emphasis on possible positive spin offs to Indian technological capability. Source: https://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/isro-gears-up-for-chandrayaan-2-mission/article27708033.ece